Monday, December 6, 2010

Army dress commission

Army Mermaid Dress commission: I was taking measurements of a model at a coffee shop here locally and a Lady there jumped up and asked if I could make her a dress. we talked about design and cost.

now obviously I don't have the right size mannequin for the dress, at 6' with a perfectly beautiful plus size hourglass figure its really a pleasure to try something new.  (a few years younger she could be a gorgeous plus size model)
 However, Its not done yet. :(  She doesn't like the bottom and wants the flower to be bigger.
I like it how it is personally, and intend to make a reproduction for sale at the local boutiques or online. its really a very cool dress. made up of heavy camo material, the fish net is real as well and also heavy, and the flower is made up of camo netting. with a vintage gold chain center. and fish net behind it.
I spent HOURS just on distressing the material by hand. its not easy making new camo look vintage let me tell you. 

Cost: $250



 (length in the fashion show is shorter than actual length, length can be adjusted to height of each person)


No comments:

Post a Comment